Monday, November 12, 2007

Mama's Got a Book Contract


Well, after a month of radio silence ... I can finally announce that I've sold my second book (tentatively titled) The Green Stable to Storey.


It was an exciting process. We (meaning my agent and I) started out with a list of six publishers. She sent the proposal to them and we got five responses back in the positive, one in the negative.


From there we pretty much let the dollars fall where they may. We had a dollar figure in mind for an advance and luckily three came around the same. One had a contract clause I didn't like, so we passed on them. That left two...


It's kind of impolite to discuss the specifics. Sort of like saying to your co-worker, "so, how much do you make? Did you negotiate more holidays?" So I apologize for being vague...


But in the end I had a choice to make. One publisher was offering more, but I really had strong feelings of Like towards the other publisher. Plus there were differences in regards to the acquisition fo photos and graphs for the book.


So I chose to go with Storey and I am exceedingly happy!! I feel - down in my toenails even - that I have made the right decision.
If you'd like to be put on a mailing list for The Green Stable, please leave a comment and I'll put ya on the list!
Oh yeah, what's the book about you ask?
It's a horse owner/rider guide to environmental horsekeeping. Everything from how to build a 'green' barn to using enviro-friendly products and practices to being an earthy trail rider.
(Cross-posted at The Writing Mother)

1 comment:

Kai said...

WOOOOOHOOOO!
I'm glad to see this went so well ;)

Kai