Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ramadan Days 23-24

We are now breaking our fast about 10 minutes to 7 p.m. If you remember, the first day of Ramadan we ate about 7:30 p.m. I just can't believe how early it is when it gets darker outside. Not only am I not genetically made for winter, I am STILL scarred from last year's winter. Although, I have been told last year's winter is the typical Midwestern snow storm that we haven't seen in more than 20 years. (I am a Midwestern native, but a youngin'--late 20s to early 30s).

See during Ramadan, we don't only eat international home cooked meals (my family has been known to eat from American, Arabic, Italian, Mexican, Spanish, Chinese...the list can go on), we also ate out from small-town restaurant. The restaurant is old, yet cute and classic. We had fry chicken--which is not my most favorite food. It is alright.

Family members and I have been reading or listening to Quranic recitations. We are hoping to read or listen to the Quran by the end of this month.

No comments: