Thursday, January 31, 2008

Love Thursday

Visual artists - painters, photographers, sculptors - amaze me with their ability to see something in their mind's eye and then reproduce it into something tangible. Bob Ross used to take his funny-looking tools and a little paint, and with a dab here and a dab there, make a tree appear, glittering with sunlight. I did a Bob Ross painting once - in one of those one day classes at the craft store, with the really, really patient instructors - and even as I swiped and dabbed and pounced and saw the trees and the water appear, I still couldn't grasp it. I was simply copying, carefully, what the instructor showed us. I was pleased with the results, and framed my masterpiece in an ornate gold frame and put it up on the mantel. But today if you gave me a canvas, paints, and tools, I wouldn't know what to do with them.

This video takes my awe to a whole new level. Click on the video called "Love 2008" and you'll see what I mean.

Ilana Yahav - Sand Fantasy - Video Clips

Enjoy your Love Thursday!

No comments: