Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 26 of Ramadan

Today, I took my ds to the doctor's office for an earache, turns out to be an ear infection. My heart went out to my ds because he was in pain--I wanted to cry with him.

Once he was under medication, he would be himself again. My dh and I would tell him to say "Alhamdilulah, I feel better" meaning Thank God, I feel better. This is to teach humbleness, a characteristic in Islam.

Tonight, marks the beginning of the 27th day of Ramadan. What is so significance of the 27th day? It is Lailatul Qadr. Muslim tradition has it that this is the most powerful night, better than 1,000 months. This is the night were many Muslims will spend most of the night in the masjid (Muslim community center or mosque) praying and making supplications. Although, I spent the night in the past in the masjid, this year unfortunately, I will not be able to spend the night at the masjid. DH is working and I have a child that I could not part with and he is to young to stay at the masjid all night.

I will be spending the night listening to Qur'an recitations, among other things.

3 comments:

RedWritingHood said...

I was in church on Sunday and they had information up on the screen about Christians and Muslims and how we must reach out to each other in prayer and that we Christians should pray now during Ramadan.

And I was practically hopping up and down because I wanted to say "Hey! I have a friend! She's fasting right now!" So you should know that I'm praying for you during Ramadan!

Many blessings to you and your family!

(My husband, he's new to all of this 'church stuff' and he asked "what are you praying for, their conversion?" uh, no... I'm praying for blessings to be heaped upon you.)

FA said...

LOL. That is awesome. Christians and Muslims get along really well in the Middle East and the U.S.

In fact, there are many similiarities between Christianity and Islam.

Thanks for praying for me. I will exchange prayers for you and others who may want or need them. Tell your hubby no need to worry about conversion lol.

Tiffany Todd said...

Your posts have been just fascinating to me. I am going to go back and read the ones that I missed. I hope your little one is feeling better.