Saturday, September 15, 2007

Day Three of Ramadan

Today, I took a day off from everything I needed to do, like chores, errands, and writing projects. Today was my lazy day. I felt worn out, so I didn't bother doing those activities. My dh and ds stayed home till about 4:30 before going to the park.

I read Quran. I am trying to complete the reading of the entire Quran during the month of Ramadan. There are 114 Surahs (known as Chapters). Each Chapter has unique title along with varying number of ayat (verses). I just completed Surah Four.

I stayed home till 6:30 p.m., picking up dh and ds. Tonight, we had dinner at my parents' home. There we ate with my parents, siblings, and my brother in law. It was nice, you know that family get together.

My mom had filled the table with different types of dishes. You just wanted to keep eating. I think it is the fact because it's mom's cooking. Something special about your mom's cooking. After that we had apple pie and coffee for dessert.

My aunt ended up coming over to my parents' home for a while. We were sharing funny stories of our past, making us laugh really hard. Some of us also played fooz ball as well.

Today was a happy and relaxing day. Now tomorrow, I will be back to "chores, errands, and writing projects."

No comments: