Monday, September 29, 2008

Ramadan Day 29

I felt sad a bit today.

The last day of Ramadan is today. I found about 12:30 p.m. through a friend, and then it was confirmed from the Muslim Community Center via email and answering service to DH. So, I immediately emailed my son's teacher to explain that he will not be attending tomorrow due to our holiday Eid al-Fitr (Festival of Breaking Fast Holiday--it sounds more elegant in Arabic haha). So, when I picked up DS from school, his teacher told me that his homework is in his book bag.

So, DS and I will be working on making treat bags for his class of 16, plus he will be giving a gift to his teacher and the office staff as well. We also acknowledge Christmas by giving gifts to his teacher and office staff as well. Not only is cultural diversity beautiful, it is respected and tolerated in our home. It has been like that since I was born and same with DH. I am hoping to have the treat bags ready for Wednesday. If I feel ambitious, I will send some cupcakes as well--otherwise they will be store bought--shh, don't tell.

I have presents to wrap and clothes to get ready for DS and myself tonight. I am waiting until DS is asleep, otherwise it will be too complicated to get those two tasks ready.

We are hoping to leave by 7:15 a.m. to head to the convention hall which is about one hour away where prayers will take place with hundreds of Muslims there. This year will be the first year at the convention hall because at my beloved Muslim Community Center is becoming smaller as more people come and pray.

No comments: