Saturday, February 23, 2008

Theme Week: Barriers

Here at Mama Needs A Book Contract we are rolling out somethin' new... THEMES!


Just because we're moms, we're writers, we're bloggers... and we like a) themes and b) deadlines!


Our first theme is in honor of the lunar eclipse that happened last week. Barriers.


What? Barriers?Eclipse? Ok, I was going with the idea that there are barriers in our life that tend to eclipse our writing. They are big, they are bad, they block out everything but themselves. What are they?


Stay tuned and find out!


But consider this:



"How you deal with challenges will determine whether you achieve your goal or give up and settle for less than you deserve. If we really want to create different results in our lives, we must become aware of how we interpret the "facts" or "events" of our lives and understand that our explanations often do not represent the "truth" of what's possible for us. In a very real sense, facts are an objective account of the event that occurred. No interpretation or meaning is attached. For example: "I was rejected by a potential investor for my project," "My husband left me," "I lost my job," "I was diagnosed with an illness," "I can't get pregnant."

Truth represents what's possible in any situation. "Each rejection brings me one step closer to an investor for my project," "I will find a new, better relationship," "I can find a better and more fulfilling career," "My health will improve," "I can adopt," and so on. Many people believe that events control their lives and that their circumstances have shaped who they are today. It's not true. It's not the events of our lives that shape us, but how we respond to those events, what we think they mean, and whether challenges trigger the "giving up" reflex in us or motivate us to hang tough and keep fighting."

Cynthia Kersey, Unstoppable Insights.

No comments: