Thursday, October 4, 2007

Days 22 and 21 of Ramadan

Day 22

Just a reminder to some of my readers, the purpose of my Ramadan posts is to show you how Ramadan is incorporated in an average Muslim's lifestyle. Although there is more than 1 billion Muslims worldwide, many people still have no clue what is a Muslim or Ramadan--despite the advances of media and technology.

By showing similarities with flavors of diversity, differences among the human race will be more accepted and tolerated, hopefully eliminating forms of hatred. So, my posts will be about my day (yes, may boring to some) during Ramadan to inform (or teach) readers what Ramadan is like and how it is not a "weird" practice.

As stated in one of my earlier posts, Ramadan is a time to do extra volunteer and charity work. At the same time, it is HIGHLY encourageable not to tell others about your good deeds, but keep it a secret between you and God. I prefer this method because I believe each person can offer so much, and sometimes they can't. There is no need for competition among who can do the best deeds.

Day 21

I have been reading the Qur'an. My goal is to finish it by the end of Ramadan. It is interesting to see how the Qur'an is related to life. It is Book of Knowledge. We, Muslims, believe that the Qur'an has been the same since more than 1,400 years ago--not one word has been changed.

No comments: