Saturday, September 29, 2007

Days 17 and 16

Day 17

Today, my DH, DS, and myself went to my parents' home to visit my uncle and grandmother who ended up coming to my parents house late last night. (Read Day 16 below to find out why). I love visitors and guests, it breaks away from the routine of life every once and awhile--you need it.

It is really interesting to see how people are when they are fasting. Some of them (including myself at times) get really hyper and happy--hyper happy? Others are tired. Fasting influences people in different ways.

Day 16

My sisters went to the airport to pick up my uncle, his cousin, and my grandmother who were visiting from Jerusalem. Although the plane landed at 5:30 p.m., the guests did not actually meet my sisters until 7:30 p.m., due to security. However, my uncle's cousin was not with them. He was still being questioned about his visit and purpose (although he has visited the U.S. numerous times).

To make a long story short, my uncle's cousin finally met with my sisters and the rest of the group a little after 9 p.m., which would be a two hour drive home. Turns out his name was similar to another man's name on the "No Fly" list.

My mom called to tell me that my sisters and the rest of the company arrived at 11:15 p.m. (I don't go to bed until midnight or so.)

No comments: